Saturday, June 2, 2012

June?!?

OK, I bow down to all those religious bloggers. It take effort, I "get" it, I just do not get the time I guess? I never quite get into the groove! Here again it is 2 months since my last post. It kind of sounds like the beginning of confessional doesn't it...Forgive me Father as I have sinned...

Spring in these parts has been a bit of a long drawn out affair. We had snow as recently as about 10 days ago!! Finally my mayday and crab-apple are coming into bloom and there are the beginnings of flower buds on the lilacs. Most of the trees are getting leaves so finally there are splashes of color all about.

Business has been busy! We have had several hundred yards of fabric arrive in the past two months and the orders have been going out at a record rate. Thank you all for supporting us!

Finally all those kitchen rennos were completed...just int he past month actually.  I love the new kitchen and the built ins in the living room COMPLETELY changes the feel in here. Here is confession time though...I am insane. Really, I do think I am. After the kitchen project that ran 5 months over it's schedule, I have just organized another project. It is not a small one either. 



On Tuesday contractors arrive to completely strip the exterior of the house, build a new front deck/entry and re~frame my garage and then completely reside the house exterior. It is not a small house, we have six bedrooms, and there are three separate "towers" as we call them....do not get excited they are not royal towers like a castle more like big boxes all shoved together ;) Fugly does not begin to explain it...the front of the house has ZERO character, so much (little?) so that no one even knows it is the front! I will take photos to document the change. They plan to be done in a week! The change will be epic...we currently describe the house as the "big white breadbox". A clue to the final...red....to be continued ;)


So with the next round of upheaval, I am going to close for customs for the next two weeks. My plate is full. I have some orders on the go (awaiting new snap press parts) and they will be completed during this time as soon as the parts arrive. In stock orders from the website will be filled and shipped but no custom requests for the next two weeks please.

The Vanderhoof Farmer's Market starts up on Thursday! I am not quite sure how that is going to look for me. This week for sure I will not be there because of the work being done here at the house. Beyond, that I am unsure. I really enjoy the social aspect of it but it is A LOT of work and takes me away from my family. It also draws lots of time away from the other aspects of the business. I am hoping I can find a happy medium, even if it is doing the market one week a month... My hubby has been off work for a year now in a couple of weeks with his injury. He did finally get surgery and is doing rehab for it. He may have to go away to a rehab center to continue the journey to having a fully functional arm and that is another unknown that affects my market decisions.

Just a bit of an update to you all of what is going on in the background here. I hope you understand. If any  of you have tutorials or ideas on how to clone your self or know of an organization fairy I would really appreciate it if you would share

I hope you are all enjoying fair weather and discovering new thinks with the kids...

Until next time (whenever that might be lol),

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment